Sunday, November 1

Fading into the Background


I have gone royally backdrop crazy.

Now that the sun is going down by the time I get home from work and weekends are reserved for rain I am getting a little photo stir-crazy. But fear not for my sanity, I have found a solution:

It all started with Mom's dollhouse. The garish living room wallpaper is etched into my brain and I am forever dreaming of finding bold, beautiful patterns like that for my shots. Sometimes I do, but reliant on public transport when the push-bike just won't do my location scouting capabilities remain limited.

However, thanks to lots of fabric browsing from behind my computer screen I 'll be decking out my living room in cotton costumes this winter.



From top left: Doll house wallpaper, Garden Maze Olive from Midwest Modern by Amy Butler, Imperial Fans in Forrest from Nigella Home Decor by Amy Butler, Bunny Damask
Hushabye by Tula Pink, Pop Garden Sway by Heather Bailey.

3 comments:

  1. ooh i absolutely love patterned wallpaper, and these are so pretty. my grandmother used to have the most brilliant wallpaper in her home until she moved and the new renters tore it all down, i wanted to cry! by the way you have a lovely blog i'm glad to have stopped by!
    xo,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so fabulous, I most especially love the Pop Garden colors! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's such a good idea! I'm looking for a backdrop for taking Etsy photos.

    ReplyDelete