Saturday, August 8

Top Mode Dress

Yesterday I went to The Old Chemist Antique Shop. I try to keep myself from going there too often because it is one of those places you never leave empty handed.

I am glad I went yesterday, because there was a 40s shirt-dress waiting for me inside. It was love on first sight and I found myself clutching the hanger as if somebody was going to try and rip it from me any second.

It is my first dress older than myself and I must admit I am in awe at wearing something that has been around more than twice as long as I have.

I have three more working days to go and then I am off work for a little while, so last thing Wednesday I am getting my long awaited hair cut and as of Thursday I expect to go photo mad. Can't wait to show you the dress properly :-)

7 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the dress!Love the photo collage and the pattern already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! That looks like a stunner! I cant wait to see the whole thing.

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if photos prove anything this dress looks very promising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that certainly looks like a lucky find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable blog
    Plan to continue reading
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loooove the pattern! I cannot wait to see the entire dress....it looks lovely so far!! :)

    ReplyDelete