Friday, August 14

Top Mode Dress #2





Finally some pictures of my Top Mode
40s dress.

I am starting to get used to my new look now, no longer surprised at the be-fringed one in the mirror.

My rag curling abilities are improving, so the results are less erratic all the time. That said, I think the breeze blowing through my hair masks the short comings of my curls in the pictures.

I am rather enjoying how well the fringe suits BIG hair accessories, bows and topper/tilt hats. I have tried a few on yesterday and I'll definitely have to keep my eyes peeled for head wear from now on.

Dress: The Old Chemist Antique Shop
Tights: eBay
Shoes: Ark Vintage

11 comments:

  1. I love the juxtaposition of the vintage dress with the graffiti on the wall. Did you have someone take the photos or did you do it yourself?

    Thanks doll,
    The Glamorous Housewife

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use a self-timer and tripod.
    Usually I take my pictures early in the morning when I have the streets to myself, but today I just ignored the stares :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ruin rag curls all the time. Yours look fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have got really fine hair so copious amounts of styling wax are my saving grace when it comes to curls. Without it I resemble my cousin's barbie doll after we left her in her pool over night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your dress and the hair looks good too!
    And I like it when wind makes its presence known in pictures :)

    Edit: Hehehe, the word verification I got for this comment means "Hello, bitch!" in my language! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a truly beautiful dress! And I love the graffiti background... what a great contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love these photos, the backdrop is fantastic! It highlights how sweet and dainty you are.
    Tres pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful on you!
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  9. these photos are terrific, you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely pics - the dress is perfection and so is your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I miss my fringe :(. Love this outfit and the photo location!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete