Saturday, August 1

Neat stitches

No outfit post today. I was much too knackered to get out of bed early.

Instead I finally started re-hemming my skirt. I am making a real effort to keep the stitches neat (head about two inches from garment, tongue sticking out, brow creased) but the results make me wish for a machine even more.
I am nowhere near finished and I have already added a new 'must have' to the house of my dreams: Space for a sewing table (in addition to a garage to be turned into a studio, large kitchen, large garden and a real shower, not just a plug into the bathtub affair).

Of course acquiring a machine wouldn't make me any better at sewing, but some illogical corner of my brain keeps insisting that once I have a machine Poof! I will suddenly turn into queen of needlework.

To the right is my sewing box. While I suck at using the equipment inside it, I do like the look of my little Russian doll collage or decoupage (such a grand sounding word for a bit of cut and paste).

I am going to cut an old pillow to shreds now. It is time to try out rag curls tonight.

7 comments:

  1. How did the rag curls turn out?? I love love your blog. It is simply adorable!!

    Be sure & pop by and leave a note & follow! It would really make my day.

    -Laila
    www.randomweavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. first time visiting your blog, and i love is so much.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the silhouette here, such a cute post from a cute girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sewing box! So cute! I thought a sewing machine would improve my hemming performance as well....yeah, I am still terrible even with a machine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a gorgeous sewing box. =]
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm coveting your sewing box so very much! Russian dolls are on of my favourite themes (and types of dolls) ever! :)

    Wishing you a gorgeous Sunday,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks you all :-)

    Laila - I have already been lurking on your blog for a bit

    Have a great start to the new week everybody!

    ReplyDelete