Sunday, August 2

Butterflies

Metal screetches as girders move in the breeze. Broken glass crunches underfoot. Echoes, pidgeons cooing inside the hollow buildings. Butterflies, so many butterflies, flitting from flower to flower amidst the debris.

My way home from the cemetery took me past some disused college buildings torn down in part last year. I usually look at the locked gates wishing I could just bound over them and go inside to explore the derelict leftovers hidden behind it.

Today the gates were open.
I cycled home as fast as I could, changed and fetched the Blue Lady.

Blue Lady Mask: Paper mache and oil colour
Dress: H&M
Belt: Asda
Tights: eBay
Shoes: Clarks

5 comments:

  1. FABULOUS photos and collage, you are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how inspiring.
    i love photography, and that is so good.
    (:
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fantastic photos. Really love the collage and the dress is gorgeous on you. Polly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh great pics... as always :) I love how prim you look next to the disused buildings!

    ReplyDelete