Friday, August 28

Amsterdam



We arrived back home yesterday after a sunny, confectionery fueled week in Amsterdam.

When we weren't sat people watching or reading in the numerous cafes dotted along the canals, exploring they city on foot with rare help from our map and dining on waffles and vlaamse frites with peanut sauce and mayo, I went to lots of vintage stores: Wini, Episode, Zipper, Lady Day, 1953 Retro en Chic and Laura Dols as well as wandering through Waterloo Market.

Here are my two favourites:

1953 Retro en Chic on Staalstraat is a lovely little shop.

The small space is covered in beautiful garments, shoes, bags and other bits and bobs. I spent quite a while taking it all in while the other half relaxed outside the cafe opposit. It was a 'look only' store for me with all the items of interest well out of my price range.


The gorgeous clothing and accessories available at Laura Dols on Wolvenstraat have been divided between two stores along the same street. The prices vary but as you can guess they are generally a little on the steep side.

I fell for a little red hat (already having bought a red skirt on the market) and put it on right away. I nearly lost it to the river Amstel when a gust of wind blew it right off my head. I finally caught up with it not half a meter from the water's edge.

I took three pairs of shoes to Amsterdam, only one of which were flats so after a first day turning my feet to lumps of raw meat I packed up the heels and wore only my little red t-bars. The other item in constant use was my green cardigan. With two primary colours for starts I went even brighter adding pink, teal, purple and blue tights.

10 comments:

  1. Looks like you had fabulous shopping adventures, so I am jealous. Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful trip! Welcome back =D
    -Andi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfits! That sounds like a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so adorable!

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little red hat is beautiful! What a wonderful find :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my goodness, all of your outfits are so darling! It looks like a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those photos are totally lovely! Looking fabulous!

    Very nice blog. =)

    C.Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes and blue tights combo. (I think I have those shoes in yellow!) I also love your outfit that you're wearing on the bench... Also your red hat is divine!

    And I most definitely want a waffle now! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those waffles have a lot to answer for (mainly very tight waistlines)

    I finally got some hat pins on eBay so I can actually wear my hat out without fear of sudden gusts of wind :-)

    Thanks for all your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sigh...we rented a flat directly across from 1953 Retro en Chic...makes me miss The Dam soooo much!

    ReplyDelete