Tuesday, July 28

Nevermore


Edgar rotates in his grave as I bemoan the loss of my liquid foundation.
Quoth the Raven 'Discontinued'.

Five years ago, when I started uni I decided to go natural and stopped using any make-up at all. Half way through my third and final year I changed my mind, lost the 15 kilo I had piled on in the previous two and got drawn in by the prettily displayed products at a Benefit counter. I've been using the stuff ever since.

To say I am not particularly adventurous choosing cosmetics is an understatement, in fact I am prone to stock piling my favourites.

Benefit 's a bit dear, but I don't mind, because you're shown how to use it and thus get a free trial run. It looks quite natural on me, not caked on and lasts for donkey's years. That last point is why I only just found out that my foundation was discontinued half a year ago. My favourite lipstick (called 'nice knickers') is still available, but my eyeshadow (my date 's my brother) also sleeps with the fishes. At least the loss of my somewhat disconcertingly named eye-shadow is not going to affect me for a while, thanks to an eBay purchase which should last me for at least a year, if not two.

I don't know about you guys but once I've found cosmetics I like I am quite happy to stick with them for ever and ever. I am a little miffed that I'll have to go through the whole trial and error process of finding a product I am happy with all over again.

I think I'll stop assaulting Mr. Poe now. Any recommendations for a fairly sheer liquid foundation to suit a dry-skinned pasty face who wishes to hide a couple of red areas would be much appreciated :-)



♥ Brow war-paint (browzings)

♥ Brow rain-proofer (she laq)

♥ "You look pale. Are you sick?"
unnecessary concern preventer (Dandelion)

♥ Lippy (Benefit: Nice Knickers &
Maybelline: Passion Red)

♥ Mascara (Maybelline Define-a-lash)

5 comments:

  1. I do the same - it takes so long to find a good product that I always stick with the same one if I find that it works. My favourite is Maybelline dream satin foundation. But the only place I can find the right shade is an hour long bus journey away!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. Thankyou for your brilliant advice on the camera!! I'm going to try taking some more photos when I can afford to develop them :D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a lovely post! I really enjoyed seeing what's left in your bag. I am a big Maybelline mascara fan too. I have no advice on foundation because I haven't ever found one I love yet. I will look forward to hearing if you learn something new soon! And- don't worry about bothering Poe, he can't possibly ever rest easy anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have gone for L'Oreal True Match foundation for the time being. It doesn't cake and is quite sheer. It could be a tad lighter and the texture is not quite as smooth as my old favourite but I think if it was made of gold I 'd still find fault with it. The old brand faithfullness talking there. :-)

    Sadie, I've got a box full of films collecting dust on my shelf :-) I am so stingy when it comes to getting them developed but too lazy to do the black and white ones myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yargh. True Match is quite shiny and yellow on me. I am going to mix it with High Beam as a last ditch attempt, then I am searching for something else. :-)

    ReplyDelete